What is telehealth?
Telehealth allows you to have your therapy sessions from the comfort of your own home, office, or even car. You can use your audio and video capabilities on either your personal computer, or your iOS or Android device to have a video session with your therapist.
To learn more about Telehealth Click Here to download the Getting Started With Telehealth comprehensive guide. The guide includes a FAQs section that addresses concerns regarding privacy, technological requirements, and more.
PC or Computer
If you plan to use a desktop or laptop, there is nothing to download prior to your appointment. Here are the steps to join:
1. Approximately 10 minutes before your appointment, you should receive either an email or SMS text appointment reminder.
2. Click the unique link embedded in the reminder. Your video call screen will now open in a new tab.
3. If I have already joined the call, you will see my face on the screen. If I have not, you will see yourself, as shown below.
4. You will also see the Welcome prompt. Click Play test sound to test your camera and microphone settings.
5. When you are ready, click Join Video Call. This will take you straight into the video call.*
iPad or Tablet
If you plan to use a mobile device, here are the steps to join:
1. Choose a well-lit, quiet room in your house to have your appointment. Do not sit directly in front of windows due to back lighting.
2. Download Telehealth by SimplePractice (for iOS or Android) in the app store. Approximately 10 minutes before your appointment, you should receive either an email or SMS text appointment reminder.*